BHRA is a non-profit, tax exempt organization that provides year-round rowing opportunities to students and adults in the local community. We rely on fundraising to help sustain our club’s activities as well as increase opportunities for our rowers to row in better equipment and improve their skills. We appreciate any and all support.
BHRA Fundraising Events
- September Marathon Row: The athletes collect pledges and row 26.2 miles through 3 locks on the Mohawk River.
- December Auction: Box raffle and live auction event.
Other ways you can help our club throughout the year:
- Company Matching Donations: Do you or your spouse work for GE, Verizon, or Time Warner? These are just a few of the companies that will match your donation to a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Please check with your company’s HR Department to see if they participate in this program.
- United Way: If your employer participates in an annual United Way Campaign, please write our name on your pledge card and we will receive a check from your donations.
- Amazon Smile: Next time you use Amazon to make purchases please consider using Smile.Amazon.com. Our club is registered with them and we will receive .5% cash directly to our club on all eligible purchases made through this website. It works exactly as Amazon does and all your info is transferred over. Here is how it works; log onto Smile.Amazon.com and type in Burnt Hills Rowing in the search area. We will appear as the Burnt Hills Rowing Association. Click it and you are ready to log in and shop!
- Tax Deductible Donations/PayPal: You will be given a receipt for your donation for tax purposes. Make checks payable to BHRA or pay using our PayPal Donate Now button below. Any amount is greatly appreciated.